Sunday, October 18, 2009

Deep Fried Suggestions- Vote for State Fair Food I Should Eat

If it can be skewered and fried, you'll find it for sale at the North Carolina State Fair. The latest delight on a stick: the deep fried HoHo (to go with its close cousin the deep fried Twinkie.) From deep fried candy bars to deep fried macaroni and cheese there is something for everyone.

I tend to be the funnel cake type, but I'd like to branch out and try something new. I will try the State Fair food that receives the most votes (comments) here prior to Friday's Jeremy Camp concert. (I'll even be sure to get a pic of me eating "His Radio's Best Loved [Fried] State Fair Food.")

Have you been to the State Fair this year? Tell me what fried food you'd recommend.

9 comments:

  1. I absolutly love fried Snicker bars. It's so gooey on the inside & very yummy. My kids love fried macaroni. When they go to a restaurant & it has it on the menu. They always get it.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either fried Mac n' Cheese or fried Oreos depending on if you want something sweet or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...it's not deep fried but it is a new...and very unusual food at the Fair this year...

    My vote is that you eat the chocolate dipped bacon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking the Fried HoHos sound pretty good. I vote for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should have the fried Snicker or the Fried HoHo. Either of those would taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try the strawberry ice cream at the NC State booth near the craft exhibit. They give you big portions and my girls love it. Much better than the other overpriced food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay...keeping tabs here!
    VOTES ARE (so far on the blog...dunno about facebook, etc):
    2 - fried Snickers
    2 - Fried HoHo
    1 - fried Mac & Cheese
    1 - Fried Oreo
    1 - Chocolate-dipped bacon
    1 - NC State's strawberry icecream (not applicable to contest...but I agree that it's very good!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. GET YOUR VOTES IN ASAP!!
    I'm gonna video Brittney eating the food and we'll post it on our website!
    Here's hoping for some classic, memorable expressions!

    (my personal vote is for the chocolate-dipped bacon. I can just imagine her expressions on that!!!)

    VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, somebody told me the chocolate covered bacon is kind of "limp." If it were crispy I'd be all about it! I'm still open to suggestions. Thanks everybody... and whatever is picked I'm armed and ready with TUMS!

    ReplyDelete