Monday, July 6, 2009

A New Perspective on Life

This weekend I had the chance to talk with two wonderful ladies at a local nursing home.

As I saw Beth coming into the activity room I could tell she was quite a bit younger than most of the residents there. It turns out Beth had a stroke at the young age of 42. She went from the hospital to a nursing home for recovery. Her husband told her that since she wasn't there to take care of the cats, he was going to put them in an animal shelter. In order to save her cats from that fate, she chose to leave the nursing home- before she was really ready. Eventually her husband left her and she is now living back at a nursing home trying to recover so she can live independantly. Beth said that prior to her stroke she really didn't think much about God having a purpose for her life, but now she knows that God has preserved her life for a reason.

Then there's Esie. Esie was in an accident and is now wheelchair bound. Her daughter took care of her for some time until Esie told her to go on with her life and put her in the nursing home. Esie said, "I really like it here and I know God has me here for a purpose."

Both of these women would never have chosen to live in a nursing home before their time. Yet both of them have a wonderful perspective, God still has a plan for me. It was such a blessing to talk with them and be reminded that God has a plan for me, in my life today. If you are still here- God has a plan for You!

No comments:

Post a Comment