Friday, February 20, 2009

Ice Cream for 50 Cents



My kids recently received a valentine card from their Great-Grandma with a one dollar bill inside. The card had a note which read, "Go out for ice cream with this." I scratched my head and wondered, "So which kid does she want to have an ice cream cone?" It all came clear to me later on in a phone convesation when she said, "I don't know if you can still buy a cone for 50 cents or not..." Times, they are a-changing... I couldn't help but wonder, "How long has it been since someone took my grandma out of ice cream?" We'll be heading to Iowa to see my family in a couple of weeks and I think it's time to take Grandma out!

So what's the best place in your neighborhood for ice cream? How about the best deal on ice cream?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, McDonald's has cheap ice cream- but not THAT cheap!

    ReplyDelete