Thursday, February 26, 2009

After the Show... What I'm Reading



Recent Reads: Still Growing, By Kirk Cameron. Just had to read this book because I love the movie "Fireproof." I'd have to say this autobiography both took me back to my boy crazy days when I watched Kirk twirl in his leather jacket and shades and made me respect what a wonderful Christian man he has become. I didn't know what life as a child actor was like and this book gave me an understanding of what his crazy life entailed. Imagine a spread of all the bagels, muffins and candy you could eat- every day on the set! (That was definitely prior to the "low carb craze!") He had tutors, people to fulfill his every need, fans mobbing him, but intense work days and a stable loving non-Hollywood-ish family. The thing that probably most surprised me was how "mild" Kirk himself was compared to his "wild" character Mike Seaver.


I'm also reading: The Tightwad Gazette by Amy Dacyczyn (This is a great reference book to have around, especially in a struggling economy.) and Christoper Lowell's Seven Layers of Organization (Because I've kept so many things per the "Tightwad" book, I need to declutter!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Kirk Cameron was great on "Growing Pains." I'll have to check out the book!

    ReplyDelete