Monday, March 16, 2009

Only "Good" Change


Over the past year we have heard so much about the need for "change" in our country. After spending a week in my small Iowa hometown, the "unchanged" never looked so good. Visiting my old elementary school (with hallways decorated in black and white photos of graduates going back to the 1920s.) Eating mom's home cooking. Attending the church where I was married and attended since I was five. Being lulled to sleep by the same trains I heard go by the home I lived in since I was two. These things just "fit", like the perfect pair of jeans.


At the same time there were some some significant changes to my childhood home. My old elementary school has been renovated to become handicap accessible. The church where I grew in my faith has added a gym (roughly doubling the size of the building) to reach out to children in the Awana program. In both of these cases the change has been to provide access to new groups of people who wouldn't otherwise be able to enjoy their ministry or service. In the same way His Radio is growing and expanding to reach out to listeners in Fort Bragg/Fayetteville/Cumberland County through the 90.1 FM signal... people who wouldn't otherwise receive the encouragment of Family Friendly His Radio. The change and expansion has required great financial sacrifice and many long meetings.


His Radio doesn't look the same as it did last year during Friendraiser and this change is a good thing. Thank you for taking the best of His Radio which has been around for over 20 years and supporting our growth as we take the love of Jesus to more people. To support His Radio during Friendraiser, just go back to our His Radio homepage and look for "Friendraiser: Click Here to Give." Thanks from all of us at His Radio for your support!

1 comment:

  1. Great job at Friend Raiser! I'm excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete