Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dollar Store Steals: Share Your Bargain Stories!


Stretching the dollar- go to the dollar store! According to Consumer Reports Money Adviser Anthony Giorgianni these items are safe, good deals from dollar stores across the country: paper products, shampoos, kitchen utensils, spices, and household cleaners. Items to avoid: anything electronic, things that could contain lead (some toys, lunchboxes), batteries, and toothpaste.
This week I went to my favorite dollar store and found: 3 pairs of socks for a dollar, flip flops, and a toy. My favorite dollar store find: filled goodie bags for my daughter's birthday party- all for $5.
So what's been your dollar store dream deal? Share your story!

1 comment:

  1. I once was able to purchase a bag of candy (normally $3.00) for $1.00, but that's about it for me... :-)

    ReplyDelete