Thursday, April 2, 2009

Third Day- And the Camera Frenzy!



I'd have to say the Third Day concert last night would have to be right up there among my favorite concerts of all time. I enjoy Third Day's music, but it really was their "up-close-and-personal" touch that put this concert at the top of my list.

If you didn't have the chance to attend the concert, I'll try to explain the "moments" that made it so special. Mark Lee was on stage with a killer guitar solo and I noticed a few people scurrying in the back near the sound guy. Our family sat toward the back (ear protection for the kids!) but I had no idea what great seats they'd be!! The few people who were scurrying about were doing a switcharoo. While all the focus was on stage with Mark Lee's guitar solo, Mac Powell was getting set up on a makeshift stage in the crowd! He took requests and played several classic Third Day songs- including my favorite "I've Always Loved You."

I went crazy leaning over the railing and trying to take pictures. A flashing light on my camera indicated I needed new batteries and I was trying out the never-used "Night" setting. Looking back I probably spent too much time figuring out my 16x zoom and not enough time enjoying myself!
(By the way, if you can't tell, the picture above is of Mac Powell. Any good photoediting software you'd like to recommend!?)
Anyway it was a great concert and a great opportunity to be in Fayetteville and spread the word about our signal at 90.1. It was great to meet so many listeners!

1 comment:

  1. I was there too and the concert was wonderful. I got to see them at the Meet and Greet before the show and told Mac and David that this was my 40th show (yes I'm hooked!). Mac asked if I had any requests and I told him "Give". It is my very favorite and I've heard it only twice now! After singing "I've always loved you" and "Sky Falls Down" (I was soooo excited about that one too)Mac asked for requests and David pointed at me. That's when Mac said he didn't know the words and proceeded to get David to sing it. Girl it was great!!! I plan to have the video on my blog (if I can get it to upload-I tried all day yesterday!). Anyway...sorry for such a long comment. Glad you had a great time. I've never had a bad one when I go see them!

    ~Wendy~

    ReplyDelete