Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tired of "Going Through the Motions"


"I don't wanna go through the motions. I don't wanna go one more day. Without Your all consuming passion inside of me. I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,"What if I had given everything, instead of going through the motions?" Matthew West from the song "The Motions"
So if there was no fear of failure holding you back, what would you do? What would you do now? Next week? For the rest of your life? Is there a career move, physical move, ministry opportunity, person you'd like to lead to Christ, or call to adopt a child that you're ready to go forward with in spite of your fear? Praise God. I'd love to hear all about it!
Matthew West has a challenge on his website, a resolution of sorts, you can sign up for indicating you want to stop going through the motions and follow God's leading in your life. Many people have shared what they believe God wants them to spend their lives doing and have a renewed sense of clarity. Read all about it at: http://www.matthewwest.com/motions/
Fear gets in the way of so much that God wants to do in the world, through us. Honestly "life" gets in the way of so much that God wants to do through us. Ritual without purpose. But any life whether exciting and daring or somewhat mundane 100% focused on Christ is a highly effective life!
Ready to get focused?!

No comments:

Post a Comment