Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day #3 His Radio Music Boat Cruise



This update is coming a day late because “yesterday” actually ended “today.” We indulged in the Midnight Buffet and came back too sleepy to drag out the computer. Mexican at midnight- one of these days I’m sure I’ll have to say I’m too old for this.


Anyway, yesterday was absolutely incredible. We spent the day docked in Nassau. After the morning breakfast buffet we visited shops around Nassau. It was great to meet “Greg” one of the local artisans who is a Christian and said he’d like to listen to His Radio online!


In the afternoon we visited the gargantuan Atlantis Hotel. For $6/roundtrip on a shuttle boat we were able to explore the hotel which includes an amazing multi-wall aquarium with sharks, manta rays and even scuba divers. (Really! The guests can scuba dive into this aquarium!)


In the evening we enjoyed comedy with 3-2-1 Improv and concerts with Toby Mac and Matthew West. 3-2-1 Improv was incredible. I must say that even though we got to bed at about 1:00 a.m. I was thinking about the jokes and laughing out loud when I should have been sleeping. (There is something about the idea of children playing on a giant playground-sized hard shell taco that gets my funny bone!)


Toby Mac and Diverse City always impress me because of their dancing, rapping and on-stage antics. There is no doubt that they put everything they have into a performance. It also makes perfect sense why Toby stays so young and trim… he has to in order to do these shows. I loved our close seats. In these small auditoriums there isn’t a bad seat in the house!


Matthew West was inspiring. He played all the radio hits: “Only Grace”, “Next Thing You Know”, “I Love You More”, and the current #1 song in the country “The Motions.” He wrapped up his concert with “The Cruise Song” about why food is his favorite part of going on a cruise. Matthew said he hoped to finish up a bit early so he could beat the crowd to the Midnight Buffet. I’m not sure if he beat the crowd, but I did find him there and was able to tell him how his song “The Motions” had inspired me to sign up for a conference for Christian women who are authors and speakers. It was such a joy to talk with him and meet his family. Great music, real people, and incredible food. ..It’s been a great day!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are having a good time and that you got to go to Atlantis. What an amazing place. Daddy and I always thought it would be fun to spend a week there. Also glad the music is ministering to you. Love and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom! We're having a great time. Miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete